Frequently Asked Questions

Tell Us About Your Case

    For my undergraduate studies, I went to University of South Florida, where I earned a degree in Finance. For law school, I attended University of Miami School of Law, where I earned a juris doctor degree.

    Over the past two decades, I have handled several different types of cases in the general areas of personal injury, probate, criminal defense, business, contracts, entertainment, sports, funeral homes, etc. I have been blessed to help people from many different backgrounds in many different types of cases. My diverse experience gives me a distinct advantage when putting together cases for clients from every race, ethnic background, and economic situation.

    I currently practice personal injury law.

    Personal injury law is a general category involving situations where someone is hurt or injured.

    Personal injury law includes many different types of cases: amusement park accidents, brain injury, burn injuries, car accidents, construction site accidents, medical malpractice, motorcycle accidents, negligent security, nursing home abuse, pedestrian accidents, personal injury protection (PIP), premises liability, product liability, sexual assaults, slip and falls, trucking accidents, worker’s compensation, and wrongful death.

    Not necessarily. When you hire the Crenshaw Law Firm, you get me – with all my knowledge and experience – working on your case. Sure, I have a team to assist me, but I remain actively involved with every aspect of your case. If you need to speak with me, you can. If you need to meet with me, you can. Big firm or small firm, you just need the lawyer working on your case to be good. During my career, I have worked for – and against – some of the largest, most prestigious personal injury law firms in the country. Trust me, I am all that you need!

    You do not pay me anything unless I get you a monetary recovery. If I get you a recovery, then my attorney’s fee is 33⅓ percent of the recovery up to $1 Million; plus 30 percent of the recovery between $1 Million and $2 Million; plus 20% of the recovery above $2 Million. If a lawsuit and answer are filed, the fee is 40 percent of the recovery up to the first $1 Million, plus the above percentages on any recovery more than $1 Million. These percentages are the standard amounts outlined in the rules that govern lawyers and the practice of law in Florida.

    Under the rules of ethics that govern lawyers in Florida, I am not allowed to give a client money for general living expenses. I can only advance a client money for litigation expenses and court costs, subject to repayment.

    The value of your personal injury case depends on the seriousness of your injuries and the significance of the effect of those injuries on certain aspects of your life. To determine value, I look at things like the amount of your medical bills and expenses; the money that you lost because you were unable to work due to your injuries; your pain; and the extent to which you are now unable to enjoy your life due to your injuries, just to name a few.

    If you do not file a lawsuit, your personal injury case will probably take 6 to 12 months to settle. If it is necessary that you must file a lawsuit, your case could take 2 to 3 years to resolve, depending on the number and age of the other cases on your judge’s docket. Obviously, these time estimates depend on the specific aspects of your case, and they can be longer or shorter.

    1. Seek medical treatment for your injuries.
    2. Report the accident to the police.
    3. Call your automobile insurance company and report the accident.
    4. Call the Crenshaw Law Firm, which has the competence, commitment, and compassion to help you maximize your financial recovery for your injuries.

    Florida law requires drivers to have Personal Injury Protection (No-Fault) insurance coverage. This law is intended to provide prompt medical coverage and lost wages up to $10,000.00, without having to go through the court system to establish fault, which could take time and prolong getting proper medical care.

    1. Report the incident to the business, if possible.
    2. Take pictures and videos of the condition that caused your injury.
    3. Seek medical treatment for your injuries.
    4. Call the Crenshaw Law Firm to help you maximize your recovery for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

    You should not delete any text or photographs from any social media sites which now exist, or which may exist in the future that relate to your case or any persons connected to your case.

    Yes, you must disclose information from your social media accounts to the opposing party that might lead to relevant evidence in your case.

    Yes, if it might lead to relevant evidence in your case. Placing postings in the “private” section of your social media accounts does not prevent a judge from ordering you to provide the contents of the postings to the opposing party.

    Although you can bring a suit against these entities, the amount of monetary compensation you are able to recover is significantly limited, regardless of the severity of your injuries, including death. These hospitals are considered independent establishments of the state of Florida, and they do not have to pay full damages for their torts or wrongdoing. Other parties that enjoy such protection are public transit systems (Broward County Transit, Miami-Dade Transit, Tri-Rail) and Parks and Recreation facilities (public playgrounds, swimming pools, sports fields and courts).

    popdevteamQuestions You May Have